Last week I wrote about my search for the bags that work best for my needs and how I was still to find the perfect messenger bag/briefcase. At that time I had ordered a new limited edition design, a Red Oxx CC Rider bag and was waiting for that to arrive.
Now that I’ve had a chance to try this bag, my conclusion is that it is a great design and my favourite of all the bags of this type I have tried so far. As it is a bag that only had limited availability until late July, I am glad I took the decision to buy one immediately. I only hope that Red Oxx make more of these.
Why does this work for me?
- It’s the only bag where my wife ever said “nice bag, is that new?”
- The Long Hauler strap is perfect for this bag and sticks to my shoulder like it is glued there so no more of that constantly having to slide a bag up the shoulder.
- There are pockets everywhere! In addition to the big exterior pockets that I am used to seeing on Red Oxx bags there are also lots of small interior pockets for stowing items. As the designer says; if you like pockets you will welcome these, if not they won’t get in the way.
- It has a nice laptop cradle built-in but it doesn’t get in the way if you only need to carry documents or folders.
- Super strong stainless steel hardware that’s something of a Red Oxx trademark.
- Compression straps keep things nice and tidy.
I only wish the plastic grip on the handle didn’t look like someone has cut off a section of polyurethane hose to make it!Posted on August 6, 2019 #Design